CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 21, 2008

Jakey Baby

Jake is getting some alone time with us this week because Nana and Papaw took Will to St. Louis for a few days. It won't be long before Jake is old enough to go on the trip with them, but I always think little kids look tortured when they are taken to places like Six Flags, Disney World, etc.

Jake has started to nod his head yes and shake for no. The way babies pick up things amazes me! We have been working on saying all sorts of other words and pointing to body parts, but this is just something he has started all on his own! Of course, I tried to get pictures of him doing his new tricks, but he was only interested in sliding on his slide.

At the top of the slide and really happy...
At the bottom and not so much...he usually lands on his bottom, but not this time.
On a different note, my mother knows a lady that does pencil portraits, and I just got Jake's yesterday. My mom gave me one of Will for a birthday present one year, and I have to say it is one of my favorite presents ever! So, I had to have one of Jake, also. You can kind of see a reflection of me taking the picture, so it is not truly how it looks, but I thought they were too cute not to share.
Jake at 9 months



Will at 9 months

2 comments:

Becky said...

That Jake is a cutey-patootie! He always has the biggest smile on his face. WOW your portraits are beautiful! Reid is at our house for a few days. He has already changed costumes at least 5 times and it's only 8:30. He is in his power ranger mode right now. He's flippin' around here a like magget in hot ashes. Sure hope he doesn't get hurt, or maybe I should say "sure hope I don't get hurt"! HA!!

Cortney said...

LOVE the pencil portraits! Those are beautiful! Let me know if y'all are planning on coming this way anytime soon. I'd love to see you!!!