CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 5, 2008

What Are You Looking At?

We went out to eat tonight and Will just had to get something out of the junk toy vending machine....well, you guessed it. This is what he ended up with. Every time he puts them in his mouth, we crack up, and he says, "What are you looking at???" The sad thing is he thinks they are vampire teeth!!


On a different note, I just wanted to say how independent he is becoming. Last night we were going out for a ride to look at how high the river had gotten (we are definitely getting old), and Will did NOT want to go because he was watching "The Suite Life with Zach and Cody". Our conversation went something like this...


Me: Come on, Will, get your shoes on so we can go.

Will: Can I just stay here by myself, Mom?

Me: I think you are too little to do that. (wrong thing to say!!)

Will: I am a BIG BOY!! I am not a baby like Jake.

Me: Well, what if a stranger knocks on the door while we are gone. (thinking that this would scare him into getting his shoes)

Will: Well, don't you remember...I have a sword. (very sarcastic tone)

Me: We won't be back until dark. You won't want to be here by yourself in the dark.

Will: I'll leave all the lights on until you get back.

Me: (I start to walk towards the door) Well, I guess we will see you at dark time.

Will: Oh yeah, bring me back something to eat and drink when you come back.


So, I go on out to the car thinking that he would follow me crying and saying, "Don't leave me!!" No such luck. Billy goes and gets Jake in the car and waits. I go out and tell Billy to go on down the street with me waiting in the garage. I was so curious to know if he really was willing to stay by himself. Billy drove out and put the garage door down. I just knew that Will would come running out then. No such luck. So, I crept back into the house to see what he was doing. He was just sitting on the couch watching TV without a care in the world. So, I made a knocking sound on the wall by the front door and hid. He got up calmly and went to look out the blinds and said to Kooper, our dog, that he couldn't see anybody. That's when I came around the corner and said, "Come on, you're going with us." He then proceeded to throw a fit, so I picked him up and took him out to garage as Billy raised the garage door. He cried for about the first 10 minutes of the ride. He REALLY wanted to stay by himself...I couldn't and still can't believe it!!

0 comments: